Back End Software Developer
|Location:||Norwich Head Office or Sheffield|
|Require Travel:||Not Required|
Epos Now is an award-winning international cloud-based Point of Sale system provider. Since starting in 2011, we have disrupted the industry and grown to 30,000+ customers across 103 countries.
The Back-End Software Developer is responsible for all development, testing and delivery of feature requests (FR’s) across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) working with feature teams in the delivery of FR’s using a variety of methodologies and techniques. You will be expected to have a firm understanding of a variety of skills and techniques and evidence the application of these in your work and have commercial understanding of the industry you work in, understanding the relationship between customer wants and needs and how these translate into feature requests.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Produce Code
- Responsible for the development of features, optimised for maximum speed as defined by the Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Experiment and test/prototype to prove new ideas and solutions to problems. Collaborating with Back-End Developers to improve user experience.
- Adhere to the EposNow Development process. Ensuring good coding practices such as adequate code reviews, suitable checkpointing and refactoring of code have been applied to your work.
- Contribute to refactoring of the practices, processes and approaches the team uses at regular intervals
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- At least 1 year working in Software Development
- Understanding of C#, .net or SQL
- Knowledge of API’s
- Knowledge of Cloud Deployments
- Practical experience writing unit tests in any framework i.e. TDD, BDD, Selenium, Nunit
- Experience using source control
Our Perfect Candidate:
- Understanding of service-based architecture i.e. AWS Lambda or Azure Functions.
- Experience writing API, preferably in a microservice environment
- Experience using Git and GitLab
Check out our 5* ratings on Trustpilot and 4.6 / 5 on Glassdoor.
Want to be part of a company now in hypergrowth? We’d love to hear from you.
Apply on this page or for an informal chat or any questions, please contact us on [email protected]
Epos Now celebrates diversity, respect and thrives on inclusion. We are proud to prohibit discrimination and promote equal opportunity in its place. With this in mind, all appointments are made based on individual merit. If you need assistance with your application or at any stage in the process due to disability, please get in contact with us on [email protected]