Back End Software Developer
|Location:||UK - Norwich Head Office|
|Require Travel:||Not Required|
Join one of the fastest growing UK tech companies! Epos Now offers a market leading product and an award winning brand, there has never been a more exciting time to join our friendly team in Norwich. We’re looking for a Back End Software Developer to join our existing software development team.
As a Back End Software Developer, for all development, testing and delivery of feature requests across the Software Development Lifecycle working with feature teams in the delivery of feature requests using a variety of methodologies and techniques.
Role responsibilities for the Back End Software Developer:
- Responsible for the development of features as defined by the Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Work in collaboration with the wider team (PO, BA, Testers, Release) to ensure developed features are releasable.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Experiment and test/prototype to prove new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Ensuring good coding practices such as adequate code reviews, suitable checkpointing and refactoring of code have been applied to your work.
- Follow the internal EposNow development processes, working with PO/BA and testers to estimate, code and release software.
- Contribute to refactoring of both the practices, processes and approaches the team uses at regular intervals.
- Challenging the existing ways of working and applying more efficient ways of working whilst understanding the reasons for decision making in certain aspects of the work.
Requirements for the Back End Software Developer:
- Firm understanding of a variety of skills and techniques and evidence the application of these in your work.
- Commercial understanding of the industry you work in, understanding the relationship between customer wants and needs and how these translate into feature requests.
- Knowledge of source control. Experience using GIT and GITlab would be beneficial.
- Understanding and practical skills using any of the following; C#, .net, .net core or SQL.
- Knowledge of Cloud Deployments.
- Practical experience writing unit tests in any framework.
- Knowledge of API’s.
Benefits worth getting excited about!
- Progression! With an ever-evolving, growing and changing business we can offer an exciting career path.
- Increasing holiday allowance by one day per year of service!
- Modern ‘London-style’ offices with PS4s, ping pong tables and summer tiki bar.
- Access to Spotify and a range of game changing tech.
- Monthly staff outings with a team who describe themselves as “like a family”.
- Get saving for retirement early! We add to your company pension pot with Scottish Widows.
Check out Trust Pilot ('excellent') online for independent reviews and an insight in to our products and services and Glassdoor (4.4/5) online for reviews on us as an employer.