Hardware & Systems Developer
|Location:||Norwich Head Office or Sheffield|
|Require Travel:||Not Required|
Epos Now is an award-winning international cloud-based Point of Sale system provider. Since starting in 2011, we have disrupted the industry and grown to 30,000+ customers across 103 countries.
As a Hardware & Systems developer, you will be responsible for the build and delivery of our custom Android platform, development of drivers and interfaces that interact with third-party peripheral equipment. The candidate should have a solid track record of working within the areas of Linux development, C++, scripting and working with custom or embedded hardware.
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver custom builds of Android ROM for both x86 and ARM platforms.
- Responsible for the development of features, script and code for new third party peripherals and drivers.
- Experiment and test/prototype to prove new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Ensuring good coding practices such as adequate code reviews, suitable checkpointing and refactoring of code have been applied to your work.
- Contribute to refactoring of the practices, processes and approaches the team uses at regular intervals
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- 1+ years in Software Development
- Unix/Linux scripting and/or C++ development skills, experience of coding for hardware components
- Experience with Android SDK, Kotlin and Android Studio Unix/Linux Kernel
- Native Android Development Experience
- Experience with CI/CD/Devops
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with GIT and GITLab
Check out our 5* ratings on Trustpilot and 4.6 / 5 on Glassdoor.
Want to be part of a company now in hypergrowth? We’d love to hear from you.
Epos Now celebrates diversity, respect and thrives on inclusion. We are proud to prohibit discrimination and promote equal opportunity in its place. With this in mind, all appointments are made based on individual merit. If you need assistance with your application or at any stage in the process due to disability, please get in contact with us