Software Delivery Manager
|Location:||UK - Norwich Head Office|
|Require Travel:||Not Required|
Join one of the fastest growing UK tech companies! Epos Now offers a market leading product and an award winning brand, there has never been a more exciting time to join our friendly team in Norwich. We’re looking for an experienced Software Delivery Manager to join our existing development team.
As Software Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for leading, co-ordinating, managing and activities and delivery of the wider software team, including third party vendors. This includes:
- To co-ordinate and maintain the software roadmap, through working collaboratively with the Head of Product, Head of Development & Architecture, and stakeholders.
- To build and manage delivery teams, in conjunction with direct reports, that are appropriate to successfully deliver the programmes and projects within the software roadmap.
- To ensure that software department risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies are appropriately managed and communicated to stakeholders.
- To manage, measure and report on the required quality, scope, budget and outcomes of software projects to the Head of Development and appropriate stakeholders.
- To take advantage of and develop best practice frameworks, methodologies and delivery.
- To contribute to infrastructure and disaster recovery planning.
We are looking for the following skills for our Software Delivery Manager:
- Previous leadership, motivating, coaching and coordination of a software team.
- Strong understanding of agile development methodologies and practices.
- Have a keen eye for detail, and an ability to spot errors and mistakes at an early stage.
- Ability to formulate and put into place new processes and process management that aim to increase developer velocity and decrease overall cost.
- Significant knowledge and experience of enterprise software preferably with experience of retail and hospitality.
- Knowledge and expertise of shaping projects utilising a variety of delivery frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Very strong influencing skills and ability to communicate complex technologies and processes in a clear and coherent way.
- Experience delivering projects liaising with multiple business units, conflicting priorities and projects (both internal and external service providers and suppliers) at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise resources to ensure successful completion of projects to budget and timescale.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams in changing business environments.
- Ability to take a complex technical need or solution and explain it to a non-technical audience so that the impact on the business is easily understood.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate resilience to ensure the correct solution is selected with a full understanding of the costs, timescales and risk involved.
- Experience of managing relationships to deliver complex projects to budget and on time.
- Numerate, with the ability to interpret complex financial data, manage budgets and ensure effective financial control.
Benefits worth getting excited about!
- Progression! With an ever-evolving, growing and changing business we can offer an exciting career path.
- Increasing holiday allowance and holiday trading opportunities.
- Exclusive retail, restaurants, travel and accommodation discounts
- Modern ‘London-style’ offices with PS4s, ping pong tables & summer tiki bar.
- Company pension scheme with Scottish Widows.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Dental and healthcare plans (salary sacrifice).
- 24/7 access to health / well-being online centre and employee assistance programme.
- Long service and half annual awards.
- Company celebratory events (summer and winter).
Check out Trust Pilot ('excellent') online for independent reviews and an insight into our products and services and Glassdoor (4.4/5) online for reviews on us as an employer.