|Location:||Norwich Head Office or Sheffield|
|Require Travel:||Not Required|
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team based in Norwich. The software engineer is responsible for all development, testing and delivery of feature requests (FR’s) across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) working with feature teams in the delivery of FR’s using a variety of methodologies and techniques.
You will be expected to have a firm understanding of a variety of skills and techniques and evidence the application of these in your work and have commercial understanding of the industry you work in, understanding the relationship between customer wants and needs and how these translate into feature requests.
- Responsible for delivery of feature releases through the SDLC using the agreed method of delivery for your team.
- Ensuring good coding practices such as adequate code reviews, suitable checkpointing and refactoring of code have been applied to your work.
- Produce suitable documentation to evidence the work agreed, completed and deployed at the end of the time-boxed period of work or project.
- Application of the correct tooling, techniques and processes at the appropriate point of the development of the work and evidence how this has been successful through smart metrics or outcomes
- Ensure consideration has been given to non functional elements of the work delivered, such as performance, smoke, load, stress and security testing and ensuring these requirements are considered early in the planning stage of a delivery
- Contribute to refactoring of both the practices, processes and approaches the team uses at regular intervals
- Drive a culture of challenging the existing ways of working and applying more efficient ways of working whilst understanding the reasons for decision making in certain aspects of the work.
- Understand and apply a variety of test approaches to the work developed, including smart adoption of manual testing and a keen focus on building in automation to testing to increase the efficiency of the work conducted
- Experiment and test/prototype to prove new ideas and solutions to problems.
The right person for this role will have:
- A minimum of 3 years working in software development
- Ideally educated to degree level or with a strong IT background or college education in IT related subjects such as A levels in IT, mathematics and computer science.
- Knowledge of other languages including Go, Ruby & Python is a plus
- Confident working with common source control & continuous integration tools (Git, Gitlab CI)
- Experience with test frameworks & methodologies (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Nunit etc.)
- Working knowledge of cloud deployments and associated tooling & services (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Has the drive and determination to exceed company targets and go the extra mile.
Our ideal candidate
- A positive individual with a proven track record as a Software Engineer
- A proactive, motivated learner who is able to work independently
- A highly organised, flexible personality with great attention to detail.