mailchimp   resources

Why Now is the Time to Integrate With MailChimp

Kadence Edmonds
27 Oct 2020

Email marketing integrations matter. Let's talk about why.

There’s no denying that email is still one of the most effective online marketing channels. It’s been branded everything from an ‘untapped goldmine for business growth’ to ‘marketing’s best-kept secret’. All this is mostly due to research consistently showing that email has the highest ROI of any online marketing strategy.

But having an email marketing campaign is just the first step, you also need to make sure it is effectively reaching your customers. And one of the easiest ways to ensure this is by having an integration between your email marketing and your Point of Sale system. Having these two platforms integrated offers numerous advantages - and that’s why Epos Now has an integration with Mailchimp.

So why use Mailchimp? Not only is it extremely easy to use, but it’s also a web-based email marketing platform that allows you to leverage the cloud to achieve maximum online exposure. With built-in, in-depth analytics, you gain valuable insights, from viewing the number of email opens to measuring the link clicks within each email. Additionally, Mailchimp offers competitive pricing and has a range of monthly plans with the lowest being free.

So why integrate with MailChimp now?

Now, more than ever, you need to maintain strong lines of communication with your customers. And in the light of the ongoing changes with social distancing rules, and the tightening and easing of government restrictions, email marketing will be an even more important piece of your marketing strategy.

Instantly update Customers

If your customers are social distancing, you’ll no longer be able to interact with them in quite the same way, so utilising email communication will become the next best thing.

This can range from keeping your loyal customers up to date with your opening hours or store changes, to keeping them posted on what the future holds for your business and it’s employees. Plus, if you’re planning on reopening your store or restaurant, email is an effective way to let potential visitors know about the restrictions and measures you’re putting in place.

Promote specials

Businesses need to stand out more than ever in today's economic climate. If you have an online presence, use email marketing to drive traffic to your website, which will give your promotions and offers additional exposure. Email marketing will allow you to promote your deals, new products and service changes to your customers quickly and easily.

Promote changes to your services

Have you managed to find a company to do deliveries for your business? Email is the perfect way to let your customers know directly! You’ll be able to quickly let your customers know of any service changes that directly affect how they can shop with your business. 

So why should I integrate with MailChimp?

Save Time

Epos Now’s intuitive integration with Mailchimp will save you valuable time. Having the two software solutions linked together will allow you to automatically export all of your customer data from your POS to your Mailchimp account and vice versa.

Having this automation ensures that you spend less time managing your marketing contact lists and more time to focus on scaling your business, and adapting to the needs of your customers.

Sync Customer Data

With the integration enabled, your customers’ data will continue to sync seamlessly across the two platforms. This means when you add a new customer's information into your POS, they will automatically be added into your Mailchimp database in real-time. Seamlessly adding them to any welcome email campaigns or promos you may have running.

Target the right Audience

Another benefit is that you can use your Epos Now sales dashboards to create targeted email campaigns in Mailchimp. This is perfect for when you want to create a campaign specific to your customers’ buying traits or bias towards a specific brand.

For example, if you have a promotion running on a specific item that you know 40% of your customers love, you can send this directly to them. Targeted marketing helps to make those customers feel more valued and understood and the other 60% won’t feel like they are being spammed. Ultimately this targeting should increase your sales conversion rate and impact on your campaigns overall success.

There is no better time than now to implement or improve your email marketing with a direct integration into your Point of Sale system. If you would like to know more, speak to one of the team.